Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Deep Blue and INDIA AGAIN!!

Hello,

On Friday I played with Deep Blue at Cafe Felix again. It was a really fun gig. My wife came with a Korean family that she has been toutoring, and Nick Joseph, one of my students came and sat in for a set on hand drums. The night flew by and everyone in the place seemed happy, or perhaps it was just me. I have been beaming lately. A little over a week ago I bought a ticket to Calcutta!! I was invited by my Guruji Pandit Samar Saha (www.samarsaha.com) to a tabla mega festival in Calcutta happening in December. It is a week long festival showcasing the great tabla players and musicians of Calcutta. I don't know what to expect, other than being surrounded by the worlds greatest tabla players for a week straight on their home turf. (insert howl of joy here)
Of coarse, going to India is putting the crunch on some of my current endevors, such as my classes at Eastern Michigan University, and my teaching job at Go Like the Wind Montessori in Ann Arbor, but I have written to everyone involved and they are all very understanding and willing to work with me. It just means that I have to do 2 months worth of work in about a month and a half. No problem, I would do it any day for this opportunity. I am very greatful to everyone involved for being so supportive, and I hope to bring back lots of good things.

Thanks for reading, and I will talk to you soon.

John

p.s. Check out the new guestbook on my site (http://johnchurchville.com). Please sign it if you are a regular, semi-regular, or one time visitor to the blog. I would love to know who is stopping by!!

No comments: