Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Exciting Weekend

Hello Friends,

Well it has been a busy week as I prepair for my Sunday Indian Classical Music Workshop at Oz's. The idea behind the workshop is to give people an introduction to North Indian Classical music, perform, and showcase some ways we can combine the musical concepts of East and West. I am also going to have some Indian food, tea, and a few giveaways. I am excited to be playing with some great musician friends of mine. Meeta Banerjee will be on the Sitar, Chetainya Sampura on Bansuri, and Nidhip Patel on tabla. There is much work to be done to make it successful though. I am making an information handout, trying to schedule rehearsals, and organizing the food delivery. Plus I have absolutely no idea how many people are going to show up. I have been hearing lots of positive feedback, but you never know until the time comes. This is the first Indian music workshop I have ever done, and I hope to be doing much more like it in the future, so I want to do everything I can to make this one go off smooth. In the meantime I will be playing a couple of other shows in Ann Arbor. On Friday night I will be with Deep Blue, (jazz trio), at Cafe Felix from 9-Midnight playing drum kit and hand drums. Then on Saturday I will be accross the street at 10,000 Villages with Meeta, and hopefully Chetainya playing Indian Classical music from 7:30-9 p.m. It should be a good warm up for Sunday's workshop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, Love your site,it's so nice to know how things are going down there.We wish we had half your energy!Hope to see you soon.Love,Peg&John